Monday, May 21, 2007

To Those About To Edit, I Salute You

To the Triumvirate of Terror - (look that one up in your Avengers archives, it's another reference to how old I really am)!

It has been an honor. And one hell of a hoot.

The passion that the three of you bring to this simulation has been staggering, to say the least.
I will miss logging in at ungodly hours of the day to find the latest back and forths. I will miss hearing more whale references than you get in your local aquarium. I will NOT miss not knowing what the hell I'm missing when I write something that I didn't even realize I wasn't supposed to be writing. Or something like that.

This comes as no surprise, and again, not surprisingly, Sean made the right call. That's why he makes the big bucks as EIC.

Should, in the near future, I see comic books on a DVD rack at Best Buy, in my son's dentist office, or hell, even in my local movie theatre, I will smile with a certain degree of pomposity.

So that's it for this webslinging fool. I'm off to make some big money......

See you in the funny pages!

8 comments:

Philip Schaeffer said...

Fare thee well, Patrick.

And with the way Tom conducts his business, I'll bet you can hired at BigMoney, editing a flagship title from creative team Stephen King and Todd MacFarlane. That won't cut into Marvel sales at all...

Michael Heide said...

We will miss you. And I really hope you'll get that position at BigMoney Comics.

Sean Kleefeld said...

Wow, you ARE pulling out an old one with that "Triumvirate" bit! :)

Thanks for understanding, Pat. This was NOT an easy decision, even if this is only a two-week-long game and I really hope Tom has something lined up for you to finish out the week.

Of course, though, I have to admit that it was all part of my master plan to have a whale dropped on Wolverine! ;)

Anonymous said...

Nicely stated, Pat. I've enjoyed your planning, and appreciate you playing the game. I hope you'll maintain a presence within the contest as it runs its course.

Best,
Josh

Tuckenie said...

Very graceful Pat! I enjoyed reading your ideas for Spidey and the old school flavor you seem to be thirsting for. Also Fraction is an inspired choice for Amazing. Good luck in your comic future and hopefully in some new role for this game...

Anonymous said...

Sad to see you go, Patrick. I, too, loved the old-school flavor of your back-to-basics ideas. And seriously, somebody get Matt Fraction on ASM!

-Marty

debbie said...

Pat,
You should now go beat the doors down to everyone who will listen and so flame these guys for firing you!

So much fun!

I would love to have read your Spider books.

Patrick Cook said...

Debbie - you REALLY need to get that whole gender thing secured - that's not the way I operate. That would make me a cyber-Sylar, and we all know that'd be bad form.

Sean made a business decision, and I have to adide by it. I don't like it, but I completely understand why he did what he did.

HOWEVER, that's not to say I'm I'll be going into seclusion and falling off the face of the simulation. I'll still be watching things unfold from my little Dharma Initiative outpost. If need be, I'll push the buttons. If nothing else, I'll continue to have guest appearances in the flashbacks....