Monday, May 21, 2007

X-Office: Solicitations

WOLVERINE #57

Written by Ed Brubaker, art by Michael Perkins, cover by Dave Johnson.

"Ex-Factor". You know those days when your ex-wife calls? In this standalone tale, Logan has one of those days. But his ex-wife is Madam Hydra, the woman formerly known as Viper! What does she want? And why is it in Logan’s interest to help her?

32 pages, $2.99. in stores on October 10.

UNCANNY X-MEN #491

Written by Robert Weinberg, pencils by Adrian Alphona, cover by Marko Djurdjevic.

"Status Quo Vadis", part 2 of 2. With Cannonball in the hands of the enigmatic Dark Sisterhood, can the X-Men help him before he is tortured to death? If you think the answer is yes, you might be in for a surprise…

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on October 24.

7 comments:

Michael Heide said...

Before you all start to panic, no, Cannonball doesn't die. At least not permanently. This issue is meant to clarify the whole Extrernals thing. Is he or is he not?

I know from several interviews and the message board Robert Weinberg used to have at the Joe Quesada forum that this is a story Robert wanted to tell during his original run on Cable. With Cannonball on the team (remember the Djurdjevic sketch?), this would be a great opportunity. And I hope it shows that the writers do have input on the book I edit.

Philip Schaeffer said...

Hey, I just thought of something. Since the stupid Marvel boards booted your pretty little schedule and they didn't reappear until sometime this morning, Tom may never have seen it, which would be a real shame/possibly big problem.

Or maybe he has and he's just waiting to comment on it. Either way, you may want to reference that you posted it on time yesterday and either repost or refer Tom back to it.

Michael Heide said...

I actually reposted the schedule already. Do you think I should add it again today? I mean, nothing has changed (with the schedule) since yesterday.

Philip Schaeffer said...

Yeah, I know you reposted it, but I don't think Tom checks the boards after 8 PM. I think he reads them, copy+pastes our entries into a word document and never looks back.

He seems to make no reference to things that are posted later or disappear, except for the first day. You did everything you could; you posted it on time, you reposted it as soon as you saw it was gone, but the Marvel boards suck.

Michael Heide said...

Okay, then I'll just re-post it again. Let's hope I'll be able to post an updated version of it daily...

Philip Schaeffer said...

That's probably a good thing.

So what does this make you, a coordinating editor? Or does that title denote some other duty?

Michael Heide said...

I don't know if I'm still an editor tomorrow, so I'll worry about that later.

:(