Monday, May 21, 2007

The Shake-Up

When the dust has settled, responsibilities seem to be divided thusly:

MIKE:

Uncanny X-Men, Editor
Amazing Spider-Man, Editor
Spectacular Spider-Man, Editor
Rise of the Defenders/Balance of Power, Coordinating Editor

PHILIP:

Wolverine, Editor
Fantastic Four, Editor
She-Hulk, Editor
Balance of Power, Editor
Balance of Power: Frontscales, Editor

Hmm... I feel really bad about taking custody of Mike's baby. I don't quite follow what you're saying in your post, Sean, but it seems that you're indicating that of all the non-Spidey books, Wolverine is in the best shape, so its transition will therefore be the smoothest. I get that. But what if we laid things out like this?

MIKE:

Uncanny X-Men, Editor
Amazing Spider-Man, Editor
Spectacular Spider-Man, Editor
Wolverine, Editor
Balance of Power: Frontscales, Editor

PHILIP:

She-Hulk, Editor
Fantastic Four, Editor
Balance of Power, Editor
Rise/Balance, Coordinating Editor

Keep in mind that, from a perfectly professional standpoint, I could not be happier with the way Sean has divvied things up. I offer the above alteration only as a suggestion of how we might divide power and allow Mike to keep Wolverine. A disadvantage to this is that a heckuva lot of Rise/Balance stuff is riding on my office.

Mike, what are your thoughts?

7 comments:

Michael Heide said...

First of all let me say that while we had a disagreement yesterday, I'm still sorry to see Patrick go.

I don't have a problem with both constellations.

Of course I'd love to keep my baby, but I have already started coordinating RotD and BofPow. And having both Balance of Power and Frontscales in the same office probably makes it easier to keep the continuity between the two titles intact.

So Sean's way probably makes more sense. Unless we divide the Spider-Man books.

Michael Heide said...

Just promise me not to replace Brubaker and Perkins with Sacha Baron Cohen and Fred Hembeck.

Sean Kleefeld said...

Sorry if I didn't myself clear; it's been a stressful day for me too. My intentions are...

Mike
Uncanny
Amazing
Spectacular
BoPow: Frontscales
BoPow coordination

Phil
Wolverine
She-Hulk
Fantastic Four
BoPow

The idea was to split the Rise/BoPow stuff as evenly as possible. Wolverine is in excellent shape right now, and I think it's relative separation from Uncanny gives it the most flexibility from an editorial office perspective. I'm not keen on moving Wolverine out of Mike's hands, but I really don't like the idea of having so much of BoPow in one office.

Michael Heide said...

Or yet another iteration:

MIKE:

Uncanny X-Men, Editor
Wolverine, Editor
Amazing Spider-Man, Editor
Spectacular Spider-Man, Editor

PHILIP:

Fantastic Four, Editor
She-Hulk, Editor
Balance of Power, Editor
Balance of Power: Frontscales, Editor
Rise of the Defenders/Balance of Power, Coordinating Editor

That would have the bonus of not having to split the X-books, not having to split the Spider-books, and having everything connected to the Balance of Power event in one office.

Michael Heide said...

Oops. Haven't seen your post.

And it's your call of course.

Philip Schaeffer said...

The way you just described it is fine to me, Sean. Clearly the Sim VP-Ops had some issue with too much resting on one pressure point, and your way is a good way to spread it out.

I will also say to you guys that if it's easier to drop the Frontscales nonsense in light of the new developments, that's totally fine with me. I feel like that's the unbalanced element between us, to tell you the truth.

Now we each have three titles to deal with, I've got the mini, Mike's got coordination. But then Mike's also got the supplemental mini to contend with.

It's probably too late to cancel. If so, I'm saying I can handle Frontscales if Mike thinks it's too much (or wants to go for his Cloak and Dagger stuff) but I'm also totally happy with Sean's above outline.

Michael Heide said...

Cloak and Dagger could be an option. But Sean is right. We should divide the Balance of Power books between both offices. That way...

WAIT A SECOND! Are you telling me that you gave Wolverine to that Whale-fetishist?!

All my work... for naught!

;)