Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Moving Forward

It occurred to me, guys, that I forgot to mention one thing last night when I was reassigning books. You might've already planned on this, but I think whatever directions the books were going in before they got moved should remain relatively unchanged. Pat put both Spidey books on a pretty solid (IMO), long-term path and Wolverine was also shaping up with Brubaker getting excited about the direction Mike wanted to take it.

I think it'd be generally a bad move to make any significant course-corrections on those books at least until you've established a good repore with your new creators, and gotten their feedback on the types of things they'd like to do.

As I said, this is probably something you've already thought of, but I figured it couldn't hurt to verbalize it.

3 comments:

Michael Heide said...

Yeah, that's what I thought as well.

But the Venom issue has to be adressed. Could we perhaps split the symbiote, with Gargan keeping the original in Thunderbolts and another (maybe the Carnage symbiote, the Toxin symbiote or an entirely new one) one going to Brock? Or would that confuse/anger readers or the creative team too much?

Philip Schaeffer said...

I'd probably suggest splitting the original symbiote, or maybe positing that there is some small, sleeper symbiote in both Peter and Eddie, like the symbiote leaves behind a little undetectable piece of itself, that reasserts itself in Eddie and that Peter easily exorcises.

Patrick Cook said...

Philip, glad to see you were actually listening during our late night phone conversations about what Michelinie had planned......