Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My steps for today. Hoo, I'm busy.

1.: Call Andy Diggle, David Lapham, Ed Brubaker, Goran Sudzuka, Michael Gaydos, Michael Perkins, Jock and Dave Johnson. I thank them for their work on Wolverine and wish them the best under Philip.

2.: Call Matt Fraction, David Michelinie, John Romita jr. and Paul Pelletier and tell them that I'll try to stay the course Patrick had set. Ask them if they are interested in tying into Balance of Power (at least tonally, I'd like the books to be consistent. If they don't want to be an active part of BoPow, at least ask if they could reflect the events of BoPow in the dialogue).
I tell John Romita jr that I'm looking into the missing check thing.

3.: I look into the missing check thing.
What went wrong? Can we trace the check to the point were it got lost? Did we actually send the check? I do what I can so one of our most talented (and popular) artists can get paid. I contact Patrick, maybe he can help. If the check doesn't show up at all, is there any way we can send John a new one?

4.: I'd love to have IRON MAN, X-MEN, HEROES FOR HIRE, NEW WARRIORS, NEW EXCALIBUR and any other book on bord for BoPow. I do everything to keep everybody
in the loop so the tie-ins are consistent without becoming redundant.

5.: Without making the impression that I'm stepping on Jeff Youngquist's toes, I try to keep him up to date about the different books tying in.

Sean, do you think there's still time to get Cloak and Dagger on the way?

10 comments:

Michael Heide said...

Oh, and as a part of #2, I'll try to tackle the Venom thing.
Do the writers want to go with a split symbiote? The Carnage symbiote? The Toxin symbiote?

Philip Schaeffer said...

This missing check thing is weird. I hope it doesn't wind up being the set-up for some big problem later on.

I noticed you didn't make any reference to Frontlines or Wizard stuff. Again, since you've clearly got a lot on your plate and all I'm doing is playing footsies with Brubaker, let me know if there's slack I can pick up.

Philip Schaeffer said...

Ah, there's a part two coming.

Patrick Cook said...

Michael, I don't know what to tell you on the Romita check thing. I can tell you from my end, It went out. Not sure where it could have gotten misplaced.

I'm having dinner with John later today, I'll ask him for you if he ever got the check.

Sean Kleefeld said...

Phil, don't worry about JRJr's check. Since you need to contact him anyway just to introduce yourself and whatnot, you can bring it up, but I can take of resolving the issue.

Sean Kleefeld said...

Also, I wouldn't press the issue with tying BoPow into the Spidey books. You can bring it up, but make a point of doing so in a very light, only-if-they're-really-interested sort of way. They've already got some definite arcs planned out, and I don't want to put any pressure on them to feel like we're forcing them to change directions.

Remember that several of these guys turned down exclusives, and could bolt for BigMoney with Pat if we don't keep them happy creatively.

Sean Kleefeld said...

Sorry, just realized I didn't respond to your question about Cloak & Dagger. We can toss it over to the MAX editor, but it's not something that any of us should really be tackling in the format it's currently in. Now if you want to rework it, tone it down to more of a PG level, we could take a look at it here, but I think that would a) require too much time for the amount of the sim we have left and b) kill the main thrust of the initial idea -- it worked precisely because it was more hard-edged and could fall under the MAX banner.

debbie said...

great call EIC

Michael Heide said...

Alright.

Michael Heide said...

I left out the "looking after the check" part, so I'm down to four steps I posted at Tom's blog.

5.: I tell Paul Jenkins that "Front Line" it is. Are we still missing an artist? If so, how about Mark Bagley? He's a fan favorite and with the exception of an upcoming issue for Mighty Avengers, there hasn't been any news about his next project. As an alternative, how about Lan Medina or Michael Gaydos?

6.: Once the Front Line creative team is finalized, I refer them to Ben Morse. Philip says that there is still space to fill in the BoPow article, so he might want to know who the Front Line creative team is and what other books will tie in.