Monday, May 14, 2007

Simulated War???

Sean's absolutely right: there are lots of good tips to be found from Hugh and Steve. I agree with all of your observations, Sean, and I'd like to add one of my own: I thought Hugh and Steve spent a lot of time (and a lot of words) suggesting 'radical' new marketing, publishing, letter page techniques that Tom seemed to shoot down pretty quickly. While marketing and publishing have to be kept in mind, I think we'll do better if we put out good stories with good creators and a lot of crossovers.

To that end, I was wondering how you guys felt about trying to simulate a big summer event? We could really coordinate on a Civil War type story (here's where Sean's deep understand of Marvel continuity could come in handy). This is a major undertaking, and could seriously backfire. However, if the goal of this simulation is to drive up sales, then we should probably enact the strategy of crafting an intelligent, character-driven event, cause no Marvel book's going to sell better than the (Insert Word Here) War.

No comments: