Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Just a reminder to folks to post on Tom's blog before 8 p.m. tonight so he can tear us to pieces on Monday.

Sean/Michael/Philip, some of the things I'll be touching on in my post:

1) The Balance of Power: Frontline series - four issues, each issue focusing on a tale told from the point of view of one of the supporting characters from the series impacted - for example, Two-Gun Kid for She Hulk.

2) I've also got an inventory piece featuring Wolverine, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, the Thing, Captain America, Quasar, and Goliath. This piece is a "flashback" to simpler times, and I've got Joe Casey writing, coming off his flashback tales of Avengers and Iron Man. The art on the piece is going to be handled by Tom Scioli, Casey's Kirby-esque partner on Godland. This piece will be ready to go pretty soon, and can be dropped into wherever Sean sees fit should we run into a scheduling problem.

3) Sean, can you tell me where things stand on Byrne? Kinda confused and suspicious about several things here, mostly prompted by the LITG comments. Is he salvagable for Marvel, or is he heading to Big Money? He indicated he's interested in returning to Spidey, and that the $$$ from Big Money isn't an automatic lock for him. I just want this one put to bed if we can.

4) I'm not all that revved up about the DC crossover potential, but Sean, obviously if you're looking to use Spidey in the mix, I'm game, provided it's the right creators and pitch.

5 comments:

Philip Schaeffer said...

Just make sure to offer backups on creators!!!

But your idea for the Frontline is a good one, and the Joe Casey soem characters hanging out at some point in the past is a book I'd totally want to buy.

I just posted my move for the day and am out until late tonight. I'll see you guys back on the boards tomorrow.

Michael Heide said...

I love Casey. Seriously, I have a completely heterosexual mancrush on him. And Scioli should be perfect for a retro-style story set in the Lee/Kirby times.

But once again, you forgot to line up possible replacements. What if Casey and Scioli can't commit to this project? Who will you turn to?

Michael Heide said...

And once again, great minds think alike. :)

Sean Kleefeld said...

Do NOT have anyone begin work on that flashback thing yet! I don't have an okay from legal that we could actually use it, and I don't want to be wasting money on something we can't use. Just get the talent secured.

Forget about Byrne. Consider him off limits.

Michael Heide said...

Whew. Just posted my moves for today, my solicitations and the tentative schedule for the next couple of months.