Monday, May 28, 2007

My Final Moves. Goodbye.

Okay, I posted them around 7:50, then they disappeared. I just reposted them, but I guess they will vanish as well. Sigh.

As a backup, I post the final draft here as well:


1.: I suggest a few books to Sean that Ramon Bachs can work on after Front Line. Among them a new Cloak and Dagger book (under the MAX label), a Hannibal King solo book, Hulk, an X-Book or a Frontline ongoing (if Paul Jenkins is interested in that).

2.: I talk to Christina Strain. Sean already gave his approval to an exclusive contract between Christina and Marvel Comics. Her coloring is a very important factor for Uncanny X-Men, and with Adrian already Marvel-exclusive, Christina should go exclusive as well. And with Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane ending, I offer her Balance of Power as well, arguably Marvel's biggest book right now and the perfect opportunity to showcase her talent.
Thanks to Tom Brevoort, Molly Lazer, Stephen Wacker, Ben Morse, Rich Johnston and whoever's been behind the scenes. It's been a blast.

Thanks to Marko Djurdjevic for letting me post his X-Men sketches. I think it really gave this simulation a touch of realism. And let's face it: They are awesome.

Thanks to Sean, Philip and Patrick. Working with you has been an honor.

Thanks to Vallen, Debbie, Fetsur, Huey and all the other readers who have posted their suggestions here and had my back when others started throwing dirt against me last Monday. You were great to have around.

Thanks to my girlfriend Nadine, who has given me strength those last two weeks, especially on Monday when I was already convinced that I'd get sacked.

And last but not least, thanks to my Mom and Dad for letting me use their computer when mine was not available and for letting me sleep on their couch. Without them, I wouldn't have been able to keep my deadlines. Without them, I wouldn't have been able to show you Marko's artwork.

I think there will most likely be an epilogue at Tom's blog (and perhaps somewhere else, we'll see). The Marvel Editorial Simulation blog however, I think that's it.

Bye.

7 comments:

Patrick Cook said...

Michael, it was truly a blast.

Stick around here for a couple for more days, though, we can kick things around a bit more. We've still got Tuesday and Wednesday's editions of Tom's blog to be published, which are sure to have some surprises. I'm curious to see how it all plays out.

And if nothing else, come back for my Civil War tie-in post.

Patrick Cook said...

And another thing -

Could someone please explain the whole deleted post thing to me? A number of mine were deleted throughout the simulation, but ended up returning at some point. Is this because someone flagged them as offensive? And if so, is this usually just someone being a pain in the ass out there?

If so, I wonder if Marvel has looked into changing its blog format to prevent that type of espionage in the future. It's only a minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

This has been fun, you guys did a good job, I'm anxious to see your final fate.

-Ben Morse

Sean Kleefeld said...

It really has been a blast and an experience that I won't soon forget. I'm sure to post an extended farewell/follow-up after Tom's summation/judgement/execution. ;)

Tuckenie said...

Great job Micheal!

Anonymous said...

Michael,
Hey, I want to apologize for "slinging dirt" your way on the firing day. In blog-land it's hard to see the smiles behind the keyboard, and I think my comments about you actually hurt you while you were giving this game your all. You did a great job, and the rest of your parters were great, too.
-bigdaddyhub

Michael Heide said...

It's okay. Somehow, it made the experience "more real".